Final 48 Hrs For Yahoo Messenger
So we have reached the Final 48 Hrs for Yahoo Messenger. Yahoo Messenger which was one of the first mass accepted instant messenger application has been helping people communicate since it was first released on March 9th, 1998 (Originally released as Yahoo! Pager). That all comes to an end on July 17th, 2018. Once we get to the termination date, you’ll no longer be able to access your chats and the service will no longer work. Final 48 Hrs For Yahoo Messenger
So for those who have used Yahoo IM, you have 2 more days for to take it for one more spin.
- There is no direct replacement for Yahoo Messenger, but Yahoo does have an app in an invite-only beta. If you would like to test Yahoo Squirrel, you need to request an invite from squirrel.yahoo.com
- If you are interested in downloading your chat history from Yahoo IM, you can do that until the end of November 2018. Use the following steps to download your chat history.
- Go to the downloader request site.
- Sign in.
- Select a verification method, then enter the Account Key sent to you.
- Click Download.
- Enter the email where you want the file sent and click OK.
- Watch your email for the file.
- Lastly, as of July 17, 2018 the Yahoo IM app will no longer work. It is recommended you delete the app from your devices. You can use the following steps to remove the app from iOS and Android devices.
- Open Settings menu
- Open Apps or Applications Manager (Depending on what device you have)
- Find the app you want to delete, in this case Yahoo Messenger
- Tap uninstall button to remove app
- On your iOS device, touch and hold the app lightly until it jiggles. If the app doesn’t jiggle, make sure that you’re not pressing too hard.
- Tap on the app, then tap Delete.
- Press the Home button to finish.
NOTE: The Windows, Mac, Linux and Solaris clients have NOT been supported since 2016, so those should have been removed a while ago.
- Yahoo – Yahoo Messenger Discontinued FAQ